• • • • •
We are so excited to offer an Enrichment Program at Evergreen Christian School (ECS). For 2018-2019 the Enrichment Program will be offered as a half-day program and a math-only pull-out program. The Enrichment Program offers students a rigorous academic curriculum in which students are expected to meet standards approximately one year above their regular grade level. The half-day program will be critical thinking, project-based learning, and writing focused. The math pull-out program will focus on challenge math.
Goals of the enrichment program are:
- To bring together highly capable students to challenge them and create a more effective learning dynamic
- To provide accelerated academic opportunities for students of high intellectual and academic achievement
- To offer a rigorous academic curriculum which will prepare students for learning opportunities at the secondary level and beyond
- To offer an environment where highly capable students are encouraged to reach their full potential
- To address the social and emotional needs of students through peer interaction and fostering a sense of community
To help decide whether to nominate your student for this program, please read and think carefully about your student in relation to the Characteristics of the Highly Capable Student as outlined below. In addition, because of the accelerated academic nature of this program, it is advisable that you speak with your student’s teacher to determine if he/she is functioning above grade level particularly in the areas of reading and mathematics.
If you decide to nominate your student, the non-refundable cost of the assessment is $25.00. Please pick up an application from the school office and return on or before the first day of school. The 2018-2019 yearly cost for this program is $500 for students in the half-day program with a $50 materials fee. This can be paid on a monthly basis in 10 consecutive payments of $50 each, with your first payment due by September 20th, then payments 2-9 due the 1st of each month, October 1st through June 1st. Full year payments will also be accepted. The math pull-out enrichment program will be $25 per month with an extra $30 per year for the subscription to the challenge math online program.
If you have any additional questions, we welcome you to please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We are looking forward to an amazing year! Blessings,