Evergreen Christian School continues to keep you informed about inclement weather updates using
the FlashAlert System. This will broadcast any late starts or school closures to the following media
outlets: KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, KGY RADIO AM 1240, and KXXO MIXX 96. In addition, you can receive
text messages and push notifications of any alerts that ECS posts by creating an account on
www.flashalert.net. There is no cost to you…it’s free! You must enter one email address and then you
can enter 1-2 cell phone numbers to receive FlashAlert texts. See directions below to sign up.
As always, you can still check our ECS Facebook Page, call into the school office at 360-357-5590, or
watch for updates about Evergreen Christian School on TV-KOMO 4, KING 5, or KIRO 7. Updates will also
be available on KGY 1240 AM or MIXX 96 FM radio stations.
DIRECTIONS for FlashAlert:
1. In your browser, connect to www.FlashAlert.net
2. Once you are on the website, select “Manage Your Messages.”
3. The next screen will say FlashAlert Messenger Subscriber Login…3/4 down the page, click “Create New Account” to set-up a new FlashAlert Messenger account.
4. Select a Region – Seattle/Western Washington
5. Type Evergreen Christian School in the “Find Your Organization” box
6. Enter your email address and make sure that the “Emergency Alerts” box is checked.
7. Enter email again, confirm email, create password, and confirm password
Click Create Your Account
8. The next page prompts you to validate your email address…Under the box with your entered email address, click to send the validation message.
9. After retrieving your validation message through your email, click on the link provided.
10. This page verifies your information and allows you to add another email or mobile #. Make sure you click Update or Add to secure your new information. You will now be able to receive text messages from FlashAlert.
11. Finally…If you use a smartphone and would like to receive push notifications (for quicker responses) please install the FlashAlert Messenger App through either Android or IPhone.